Use And Care
- Children should not use without the supervisions of an adult.
- Use caution when handling hot cookware to prevent burns and other injuries.
- Never leave cookware on high heat unattended.
- Do not allow handles to overhang directly above stove burners to avoid overheating of handling surface.
- While handles are designed to minimize heat transfer, use of oven gloves is always recommended.
- If your MAXIM™ cookware is brand new, remove all packaging materials and dispose/ recycle them accordingly.
- Wash in warm water with mild soap or dish detergent, rinse and wipe dry with a soft dish towel.
- You may also place MAXIM™ cookware in dishwasher UNLESS otherwise stated in the packaging.
Recommended Heat Setting For Stovetop Cooking
- Use low to medium setting for simmering, make delicate sauces or heating food.
- Use low to medium setting for most cooking as this will maximize heat distribution.
- Only use medium to high heat for browning or searing.
- For boiling water, use medium to high setting.
- Do not preheat cookware on high heat and leave it unattended.
- Cook with a cookware which has a similar in base diameter to the burner.
- Cook with a small amount of oil, margarine, or butter on a cold pan.
- When cooking using gas burner, make certain the flame graze only the base of pan.
- Never leave on a pan over a hot burner and boil dry. Food will burn and doing so will ruin the pan and damage stove top.
- Food might stick on cookware with no nonstick due to high heat which causes fat or oil to smoke.
- Use wooden or plastic utensil as metal utensils may scratch the cooking surface and alter cooking performance UNLESS otherwise stated.
- When cooking, do not cut or chop directly in pan.
- Remove food from the refrigerator 10 minutes before you intend to cook. Ice-cold food is more likely to stick to a hot pan.
- Clean pan thoroughly after each use to avoid food films to permanently stick to cookware when pan is reheated.
- Allow the pan to cool before washing.
- To prevent damage to your pans, do not soak pan in cold water immediately after use.
- Use soft cloth or sponge to remove food particles.
- Do not use steel wool or other metal pads as it will leave coarse scratches on pans.
- Unless otherwise stated, MAXIM™ cookware is dishwasher safe. But hand washing and drying is recommended as it is more environmentally friendly and cookware will last longer.
Maintaining For Nonstick Cookware
- Seasoning your pan at least twice a year is advisable to maintain the optimal performance of your MAXIM™ cookware. Add a half tablespoon of vegetable oil and spread evenly around the interior of the pan. Leave it overnight and wipe off excess oil with paper towel the next day.